Charles C. Smith, Jr.
Charlie Smith, Jr. is of counsel with the firm's Corporate and Real Estate Practice Groups. Mr. Smith concentrates his practice primarily in commercial and residential real estate matters but also devotes a significant portion of his practice to business law and trusts and estates matters. He has been practicing law in St. Marys, Georgia, since 1976 and became of counsel to the firm in 2007. Mr. Smith has received an "AV" rating from Martindale-Hubbell, indicating preeminent legal ability and the highest ethical standards.
Mr. Smith has been licensed to practice law in Georgia since 1973. Prior to opening his practice in 1976, he was a trial assistant district attorney in the Fulton Judicial Circuit. He has also served in the Georgia House of Representatives (1993-2003), and was Administration Floor Leader for Governor Roy Barnes during the last four years of his service.
Mr. Smith is a member of the Camden County Bar Association and the Real Property Section of the Georgia Bar Association. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia and the University of Georgia School of Law.
Mr. Smith is married to the former Patricia Cassens and they have two sons, Brian and Joel.
Current and Past Community Involvement:
- Chairman of Administrative Board, St. Marys United Methodist Church
- Board of Trustees, Waycross District, United Methodist Church
- Board of Trustees, Methodist Home for Children and Youth
- President, St. Marys Kiwanis Club
- Founding Director, Camden County Chamber of Commerce
- Founding Director, Camden-Kings Bay Chapter, U.S. Navy League
- Board of Directors, Communities of Coastal Georgia Foundation
- Executive Board, Okefenokee Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Board of Directors, United Way of Camden County
- City Attorney, City of St. Marys (1979-81)
- Life Member, U.S. Navy League
- Board of Directors, Jekyll Island Foundation
- Board of Directors, Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education